We love dogs here at Banyan Branch and encourage employees to bring theirs to work. Get to know our favorite four-legged assistants in the Dogs of Banyan blog series.
There’s something about the sight of a wagging tail that just makes people feel good.
Unless you suffer from a rare case of extreme puppy phobia like this guy (or allergies), there’s probably nothing that will lower your blood pressure faster than a cute pair of floppy ears. In fact, studies show that having dogs in the workplace makes employees feel more relaxed and happy, causes them to get up and walk around (more playtime with the dogs!), and even stay with the company longer.
We love our pups here at Banyan Branch, and on any given day you’re certain to see at least one or two snoozing under employees’ desks. We want to share the puppy love with you and introduce our favorite dogs of Banyan. Kicking it off is a bulky little guy lovingly known as “The Tank,” Marketing Director Jess Estrada’s very own: Spike!
- Name: Spike
- Owner: Jess Estrada, Director of Marketing, and Blogger, Fresh Jess
- Age: 4
- Breed: English Bulldog
- Treat of choice: Chicken and sweet potato treats
- Favorite place to sleep: Fresh piles of laundry on my parents’ bed. Sometimes my own bed or the couch.
- How I spend my day at the office: I sleep at my mom’s feet until I get bored. I say hi to everyone in the office. When my mom leaves her desk I like to sneak off into other parts of the office. I know which door has no lock and I use my brute strength to push through that one.
- My story: I was born and raised in Olympia, Wash. I had a bunch of medical issues come up and when my parents couldn’t take care of me anymore, Bulldog Haven NW took over from there. My mom is a volunteer and supporter of BHNW, and she saw a tweet from them about me. She clicked over to their Facebook page to see a picture of me and it was love at first sight. What can I say, I’m a looker!
Jess wrote a post on her blog to raise money for my surgery, and when BHNW called to thank her, she said that she and dad wanted to adopt me. Now, I’m living the life in downtown Seattle. I get to come to work in mom’s cool office with her, and sometimes I go work out with my dad at his mixed martial arts gym. I get tons and tons of cuddle time and dog park dates. I can’t complain!